Wednesday, May 21, 2014

30-day Book Challenge: DAY TWENTY-ONE

"The First Novel You Remember Reading"


Day Twenty One. 

The moment I saw what's on today's challenge, this book instantly popped into my mind. I'm not really sure if I could consider it as a "novel" since it's not really "novel-ish". More like a novella.

Anyway, what I chose is...


Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's The Little Prince! :)


I remember reading this book which I borrowed from our school's library when I was in elementary (or grade school, for others) Though my young mind never really fully understood its message and plot, I know that The Little Prince is a very good read which is full of lessons about life.

I would probably try and re-read it again so as to completely appreciate it with my more mature way of thinking compared to my seven-year old self :)


Actually, I consider this book as the one which really got me into reading in the first place. I remember its illustrations and my favorite parts which are the narrator's drawings (e.g. the boa digesting an elephant and the sheep in a box) Before, I found the drawings funny but now, I realize that it's a way of conveying how perspective really varies depending on one's way of thinking.


Thoughts? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? :)