Monday, May 12, 2014

30-day Book Challenge: DAY TWELVE

"A Book You Love But Hate At The Same Time"


For today's challenge, I have to choose a book that made me feel two contrasting emotions: LOVE and HATE. Big words! hahaha :) 

Anyway, as I saw what's up for me today, it only took me a couple of minutes to figure out what made me feel that way and it is:


JK Rowling's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! :)

I know probably most of you are surprised on my choice since it's not hidden how much I love this series but I still chose the finale of Harry Potter.

Fine, my reason is pretty shallow but it's the first thing that came into my mind and it seems right to place it in today's category. 

The reason why I loved this book is pretty obvious: It's simply amazing. The conclusion was smartly written and there are only a few questions (if not completely none) that are left unanswered. It seems flawless and perfect except for one tiny detail.

I know that I've already mentioned how much I ship Harry/Hermione, right? And that's what I didn't like in the book. The epilogue was a mess. I have nothing against the Weasleys (specifically Ginny and Ron) but I just CANNOT see how the pairings ended up that way. My reason's subjective, I know hahaha :)

Anyway, Jo made up for it by her announcement. The interview (which was conducted by no other than Hermione Granger herself, Miss Emma Watson! *squeee!*) where it was stated, no matter how implicit/explicit depending on one's view, that she prefers Harry to end up with Hermione instead of what came up in the book. I'm sure that it created lots of ripples in the fandom haha :)

So how about you guys? What book made you feel conflicting emotions? And for those Potterheads out there, are you sticking with canon or are you standing up for your own ship? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? :)