Thursday, May 8, 2014

30-day Book Challenge: DAY EIGHT

"Most Overrated Book"


Day Eight! Today, I have to choose the MOST OVERRATED BOOK for me. A fair warning though, all of these are just MY OWN OPINION. Please don't take it against me haha :)

So for today's challenge, I instantly knew what I'd pick. Though first thought was Stephenie Meyer's Twilight, I knew I couldn't possibly choose it. Even though I could guess that it is overrated, I couldn't be sure since I haven't actually read even a single page in the saga. 

With all that said, I've decided to go with:


John Green's The Fault In Our Stars! :)



First thing I want to say: Please don't kill me.

Second, to explain further, I know how good John Green is as a writer. No questions about it but I really don't know on this one. I've read TFIOS once back when I was in high school (A friend lent it to me saying it was very very good, considering how much I liked Mitch Albom's Tuesdays With Morrie)




Maybe it's really good, especially since everyone seems so hyped about it but it's just not the book for me. I wasn't that caught up with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not heartless as what you might possibly be thinking at the moment but I really just didn't enjoy The Fault in Our Stars that much.

I think the reason why I didn't like it so is because I might have been distracted when I was reading it before that's why I wasn't able to fully grasp its goodness.

Nevertheless, I might give it a shot again sometime soon and see if I still feel the same afterwards :) I'd definitely be seeing the movie though (even if it's weird seeing Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort as a couple since they recently portrayed siblings Beatrice and Caleb Prior respectively in the film adaptation of Veronica Roth's best selling novel, Divergent.)

So how about you guys? What do you think is the most overrated book? Opinions are welcome! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? :)