Wednesday, May 14, 2014

30-day Book Challenge: DAY FOURTEEN

"Book Turned Movie and Completely Desecrated"


I know most (if not all) would agree with me on this one: Books are better than movies. And I know that again, most (if not all) of us have that one (or more) book that has been thrashed, pulled apart, and just completely wrecked by its movie adaptation.

So for today's challenge, I have to chose a book that has been turned into a film and is just seriously not up to the standards of book readers. Among all of I have chosen, I guess this one's probably the most fitting for today.


The Movie Adaptation of Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief! 

The Book Cover
(Got this one HERE!)
Let's just admit it. The Lightning Thief movie just sucked. Well, looking at it as a movie adaptation. I personally think that if I haven't read the book and saw the movie, it's completely cool. Awesome. 

But then again, I had so saying that I'm quite disappointed would be an understatement. Everything just seemed- no, screw that- it IS wrong in so many aspects. It actually looked promising at first (because LOGAN LERMAN. 'nuff said) but then meh.





As stated above, I didn't really think that it sucked big time, just not a very well made "movie-fied" book. The second book which was also turned into a film, The Sea of Monsters (Check my movie review HERE!) thankfully was better than the first though still could use some improvement. I believe the main reason why the films turned out as bad representations of the books is because of the lack of involvement of the writer himself.

Even with this rant, I know that if ever the third book, Percy Jackson and The Titan's Curse, hits the big screens, I'll still be watching it :)

How about you guys? What's the worst movie adaptation of a book for you? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? :)