Monday, May 26, 2014

30-day Book Challenge: DAY TWENTY-SIX

"A Book That Changed Your Opinion About Something"



"One must always be careful of books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Cassandra Clare

And I couldn't agree more. Some book-readers read for pleasure, for relaxation; Some, to escape reality; and some just to pass time. But whatever one's reason is, it couldn't be denied that whether we like it or not, we will always bring something inside us after reading. Life lessons, stories, and other stuff that cannot be taken away.

Today, I have to choose a book that changed my opinion on something and I pick...


Jay Asher's Th1rteen R3asons Why! :)




I've never really given the topic much thought. When I was younger (around my early teens) suicide cases are not very new in the news. Whether it is on the television, the newspaper, or the internet. My younger self didn't really mind it and easily judged the people who commits such an act but after reading Jay Asher's debut novel, Th1rteen R3asons Why, my views about suicide changed.





Upon reading this book, I really picked up several lessons about trust, friendship, effort, and of course, suicide. I realized that it's not simply a call for attention but a plea for help. Some people are experiencing things I've never experienced before and they are drowning in their own problems that the only option they could think of is to end all the suffering.

For more reasons on why this book is simply life-changing, check out my review HERE!

How about you guys? Any book that made you change your view on something? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? :)