Sunday, May 11, 2014

30-day Book Challenge: DAY ELEVEN

"A Book You Hated"


Ooh HATE! Such a strong word. Its meaning is magnified when combined with the word BOOK in the same sentence. As a self-proclaimed bookie, I don't think that there's a book that you can say that you actually hate. No matter how ridiculous the plot is or how the characters are not likeable, you just can NOT hate a book.

So, for today's challenge, I'll pick not a book that I hated, but my least favorite book and that is:


Betty Smith's A Tree Grows in Brooklyn!



I've read this book way back when I was younger. A high school freshman to be exact. A classmate of mine (Hi Rovee!) gave it to me just before vacation because she thinks that I'll enjoy it (Well, enjoy reading in general) more than her. That's why my copy of this book is special.

But the book itself, I can't say that it's my favorite. Maybe I was too young when I first read this that's why I've never fully internalized its message.





A Tree Grows in Brooklyn tells a story of a young girl, Francie, and her life. It was slow (for me, anyway) and my young mind found it hard to comprehend what the author wanted the readers to see. According to some reviews I've read, the novel was beautiful. I might try to give it another shot and see if my views would change :)

How about you guys? What's your least favorite book and why? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? :)