Friday, May 9, 2014

30-day Book Challenge: DAY NINE

"A Book You Thought You Wouldn't Like But Ended Up Loving"


Day Nine! I think today's challenge is pretty easy. Something I thought I wouldn't like but ended up loving? It TOTALLY SPELLS OUT ONE BOOK ;)

I wouldn't delay any further. The book I chose today is:


Stephenie Meyer's The Host! :)


It is not a hidden fact that I'm not much of a fan of Stephenie Meyer. I don't know why but I've never been interested in her famous saga even though I'm a huge sucker for stories about vampires and werewolves and other creatures like that.

That is why I was first doubtful about reading The Host. My friend suggested it to me saying that it was cool but I was hesitant since her view might be a bit cloudy since she's a big Meyer fan.





The first few chapters were "meh" and confusing. It's like she expected the readers to know about the characters' world already. Eventually though, the story got more and more exciting. I enjoyed the plot and the concept itself. The characters were highly likable (especially Wanderer, Melanie, Ian and Jared) In the end, I loved it! Looking forward to the next books :)

How about you guys? Have you ever loved something that you've never thought you'd like in the first place? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? :)