Wednesday, June 25, 2014

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS: A Review :)

"Will Ginny get her wish this year?"

(Spoiler free! Go Read!)
TITLE: All I Want For Christmas
AUTHOR/s: Chris Mariano, Chrissie Peria, Miles Tan
PUBLICATION DATE: 22nd of December, 2013
AVAILABLE AT: Amazon
"Oh baby all I want for Christmas, is youuuuu~"

First of all, yes, I am aware of the fact that Christmas is still months away but this was published late 2013 and I don't know why I haven't read it until now (boo hoo)

Anyway, if there's something better than ONE fantastic author writing a chick-lit, it is THREE fantastic authors collaborating to create one Christmas-y work.

So without further ado, here's a quick review of Chris Mariano, Chrissie Peria, and Miles Tan's All I Want For Christmas! :)


(Via Goodreads)

This holiday season, Ginny wants nothing less than hot model du jour Luis Inoue. That's why when her best friend Issa invites both of them to a small sit-down dinner, she jumps at the chance to show Luis she can be naughty and nice. Will everything go according to plan? Or will Issa's brother Marco's interference keep her single all the way?

All I Want For Christmas is superb! Aside from its gorgeous cover, the story did not disappoint. The characters were well written and I can say that Ginny is totally relatable. When you do your best to put your best foot forward, everything starts to go downhill (or not)

Marco is really funny though the 'thing' about him is actually obvious (like 'duh!') but it was really minor. On the otherhand, Luis is super Daniel Matsunaga-ish by the way he was described. These two guys definitely made the story a whole step better.

Plot-wise, it was interesting. The events that happened on the gathering was really embarrassing and I don't actually know what I'll do if I were in Ginny's shoes! Still, I guess all those embarrassment were worth it in the end since she got what she wanted after all (though the gift was in a slightly different packaging *wouldn't want to spoil it for you guys*)

"I've always noticed."

"Christmas wishes really did come true."

Overall, it was a light and definitely fluffy read. Nevermind that it's been months since Christmas 2013 or a long time before Christmas 2014, I surely did enjoy this one. The pages just flew by considering it was just an e-short (bummer!)

Still, even with its limited pages, the story flowed perfectly. It wasn't rushed and wasn't 'raw' either. The ending was just perf! The voice (AKA writing style) was consistent and it seemed like the authors have synchronized gears working. As they say "Great minds think alike" eh? 

Two thumbs up! 5/5 rating! :)

5/5 rating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? :)