Friday, April 25, 2014

DIVERGENT COMPANION BOOKS Review :)

"All it takes is one choice"

(Minor to no spoiler reviews)
The five factions in the world of Divergent
(Source: leadingthought.us.com)

I've been hearing about this fandom for quite some time now and finally, I have found the time to get started on it. It was already part of my reading list waaaaay before the first movie came out so don't think I just wanted to read the series to get on the bandwagon. Besides, I haven't even watched Divergent the movie yet since I told myself I wouldn't see it until I've read it first.

Anyway, this isn't about the MAIN series (I'd make a different post on that once I finish the trilogy. I'm already on Allegiant. Wish my fangirl heart good luck!) I'd be writing about three of the companion books of the series, so let's get started, shall we? :)

Since these companion books are just short ones (they're in ebook formats, not even reaching a hundred pages), I'll keep things short too :)

TITLE: The World of Divergent: The Path to Allegiant (Divergent#2.5)
AUTHOR/s: Veronica Roth
PUBLICATION DATE: 24th of September, 2013
AVAILABLE AT: Amazon

As I've said, I'm on my way to the third book in the trilogy now so I guess, me stumbling upon this is just right timing.

The "book" was more like a fun-fact thing instead of an actual book. No storylines or plots whatsoever. Still, for true blue fans of Divergent, it wouldn't hurt to spent a few minutes on reading about Veronica Roth's thoughts about Utopian and Dystopian fiction, importance of names, etc. It also includes the factions' manifestos, a faction quiz and some sneak peek on Allegiant.

All in all, it was alright but not really AWESOME since there isn't really anything that interested me greatly. I'll give it a 3.5/5 rating :)



TITLE: Free Four: Tobias Tells the Divergent Story (Divergent#1.5)
AUTHOR/s: Veronica Roth
PUBLICATION DATE: 23rd of April, 2012
AVAILABLE AT: Amazon

This one was way better! One Divergent chapter re-told but this time, on Four's point of view :) I liked it a lot since I got a chance to be inside Tobias' head for a change. And besides, this tells how he really does care for Tris *fangirls* <3 There isn't really much to say except that I highly recommend this especially to Four (and FourTris) lovers :)

Five out of Five rating :)


TITLE: The Transfer (Divergent#0.1)
AUTHOR/s: Veronica Roth
PUBLICATION DATE: 3rd of September, 2013
AVAILABLE AT: Amazon

A second "book" with purely Tobias' point of view! Yay! :) And again, just like the first one, Free Four, it did not disappoint. I liked it too since it showed Four's humble beginnings back when he was still Tobias Eaton. Instead of the usual tough, strict, and strong Four that we were used to in the main series, in this first prequel we see Tobias as he is: A scrawny and weak boy who fears his abusive father so much that he decided to abandon him for another faction. It's just refreshing to see another side of him (not saying that I enjoyed him being tormented by Marcus though.)

This makes me so impatient for the next prequels :( Can we fast forward to July? Or just please release it earlier? I need theeem! Anyway, perfect five out of five rating for this one too :)


That's it folks! Soon, after I finish Allegiant, I'll be making a Divergent Series review :) And then come July 2014, when the next 3 prequels are out, all in Four's POV yay!, (The Initiate, The Son, and The Traitor), I'll be making a part two review of this :) Ciao for now :D
~~~~~~~~~~
Update!!
I just finished the series! Yay! Check out my review HERE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? :)