Monday, December 8, 2014

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award



First of all, I want to apologize for being MIA for the past few months *cries* Studying and working are two hard things to manage, really. And I know this is long overdue but better late than never, right? :)

Anyway, I would like to thank a handful of my fellow bloggers who tagged me for this award: Both Carmel and Kyla from Carmel and Kyla and Julie from Books and Insomnia. Be sure to check out their blogs!

Here are the rules for the award:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their site
2. Post the award's logo on your blog
3. Answer the 10 questions you've been asked
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers and ask them 10 new questions. (You can skip this part if you did this tag already. But still, I would love to read your answers.)
Since I've been tagged thrice already, I guess I'll do all three sets of questions here. Be prepared, it's gonna be a long one!


Here are my answers to Carmel's set!

1. What book/s do you think deserves more hype?
- Hmmm...  I would have chosen The Maze Runner Series but then again, since it has been turned into a movie, the books are pretty much getting hype from "fans" so I guess I'll pick Amy Tintera's Reboot duology, Isaac Marion's Warm Bodies (which was also turned into a movie a few years back), and Jay Asher's Th1rteen R3asons Why.

2. What book/s do you think is overrated?
- *hides under the table and whispers* The Fault in Our Stars and The Perks of being a Wallflower *fades* 

3. What is your most-read book?
- It's a book by Filipina author Ines Bautista-Yao, One Crazy Summer. I've lost count of how many times I've read it!

4. What book/s would you like to be a movie?
- Tough one since most often than not, movie adaptations MURDER the books but I would really love to see Ally Condie's Matched Trilogy on the big screen and Amy Tintera's Reboot duology as well.

5. If you will get married to a celebrity, who would it be and why?
- Benedict Cumberbatch or Daniel Radcliffe because they're not only pretty faces but also pure amazingness!

6. What's the song of your life or a song that best describes you?
- I'll go with Taylor Swift's A Place in This World.

7. What do you want for Christmas?
- Books! Books! Blue stuff! More books! More blue stuff! and tdid I say books?

8. Who's your childhood (celebrity) crush?
- Hands down, Daniel Radcliffe (HARRY POTTER, how can I not?!)

9. If you were to meet your favorite fictional character, what would you say?
- Nothing. I'll probably cry because of too much feels hahaha :)

10. Your favorite dessert?
- Anything chocolate especially brownies and ice cream :)

~ooo~
The next set of questions are from Kyla!

1. What's the last book you've read and loved?
- Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods.

2. What is your favorite book you've read this year?
- It's a tie between Rainbow Rowell's Eleanor & Park and Jay Asher's Th1rteen R3asons Why. Jenny Han's To All the Boys I've Loved Before and Veronica Roth's Divergent Trilogy ties for the second place.

3. If you could marry a fictional character, who would it be?
- I have too many fictional crushes but for this one, I'll pick someone who is realistic (aka someone who could actually exist in MY world): Frank of Morgan Matson's Since You've Been Gone. Going local, Gio from Chris Mariano's Cover (Story) Girl isn't so bad either ;)

4. Name one book that has been in your wishlist for a long time.
- This one goes to JK Rowling's Harry Potter Series definitely. I've wanted my own physical copies of these precious little things since forever! 

5. Do you have a Young Adult contemporary recommendation (OR just any book rec)?
- Like I answered a few questions up, I think everyone should read Amy Tintera's Reboot duology, Isaac Marion's Warm Bodies, and Jay Asher's Th1rteen R3asons Why.

6. Name a celebrity you really want to meet.
- Emma Watson. She's really a heroine for me. 

7. What's the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?
- Probably not the MOST but one of the embarrassing things that had happened to me was when I got mental blocked during one of our speech contests during grade school: The beginning of my stage fright.

8. How many books can you read in a month?
- It depends. On school days, it ranges from 1-4 but during vacations, it usually sky-rocket to 5-8 :)

9. What's your favorite song, at the moment?
- Before You Exit's Soldier. It never really gets old :)

10. You have three wishes from a genie. What would you wish for?
- Health restoration for everyone in the whole World, unlimited cash (hahaha!), and my own personal library filled with signed books! :D

~ooo~
And last but not the least, Julie's set!
1. What are you currently reading?
- Rick Riordan's Blood of Olympus. I can't believe this is the end! gaaaah!!

2. What are your favorite book-to-movie adaptations?
- The Harry Potter Series are quite close adaptations as well as The Hunger Games movies so far. Divergent and The Maze Runner too!

3. Fifty Shades of Grey - love it or hate it?
- Neither. I haven't read it and I don't plan to any time soon because I don't think I'm ready for it yet hahaha :)

4. Books that annoyed the hell out of you.
- None that I could remember as of the moment :)

5. Who are some of your favorite authors?
- Rick Riordan, Rainbow Rowell, JK Rowling, and Jessica Zafra, and Dr. Jose Rizal for Filipino/a writers.

6. Do you eat snacks or listen to music while you read?
- Eating, yes! But listening to music, nope. I can't work with words (e.g. reading or writing) while there is music playing. I can't concentrate since most often than not, my brain sings along and the song lyrics flashes itself in my head lol 

7. How's your Goodreads Reading Challenge progress so far?
- DONE! :)

8. Would you rather date a rock star or a Hollywood celebrity?
- Hollywood celebrity since I'm not really a fan of any rock star 

9. How do you handle reading slumps?
- I try to distract myself with movies and my-recently-discovered-beauties-called-tv-series until my brain craves for books

10. What's your favorite aspect of blogging?
- Meeting co-bloggers and forming friendships, discovering new reads, fangirling-err-expressing what I feel about stuff, and giveaways! 
~ooo~
That's it! Anyway, as this post is waaaay to late now, I'm afraid it seems like everyone in my blogging sphere has already been nominated so I don't have anybody to tag :( Nevertheless, I shall post 10 of my own questions if you, my dear readers, would want to give it a shot. Here it is:

1. Latest book you LOVED?
2. Best and worst books-to-movies?
3. Which do you prefer: Series or stand-alones?
4. Overrated and underrated books?
5. Any favorite TV shows? (Sherlock? *fingers crossed*)
6. Favorite authors in the international scene? local?
7. Best book blogs (and bloggers!) around?
8. Books that have been buried under your TBR pile?
9. Fictional character that you want to be besties with?
10. Preferred book format? Physical (paperbacks/hardbacks) or electronic?

Thanks for bearing with me! Hopefully I'll get to post some new stuff during the Christmas break. Happy Holidays! :)


2 comments:

  1. Benedict Cumberbatch as your husband?! We'll be enemies! Hahaha. Sadly, he's already engaged. It was wonderful reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Sharmaine! Yes, Ben as a potential husband hahaha! Oh well, as long as he's happy with Sophie, I'm cool with that :) Thanks for stopping by dear! Nice to find a new blogger around :) Followed you over GFC and bloglovin :)

      Delete

Thoughts? :)